Blizzard Blade Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blizzard Blade Forums

Blizzard Blade Forums, home of The Legend of Korah and Blizzard Blade Animations.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things that would make TLOK better.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archlord Adramelech
Contributor
Archlord Adramelech

Male Number of posts : 1641
Post Points : 7272
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Character Profile
Race:: Undefined
Element:: Dark
Member Points: 2

Things that would make TLOK better. Empty
PostSubject: Things that would make TLOK better.   Things that would make TLOK better. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:08 am

Since summer is coming up, we should try boot TLOK back up.

I have some ideas that could make it better:

1. Make the Ice FX look more Ice rather than Aura-
Seriously, have you guys noticed that Korah's and Snow's attacks like Blizzard Beam and Blizzard Sphere look more like Aura-based attacks then Ice? We should probaly fix that. How? Easy, we make those attacks look more misty and gaseous like frigid air. This would show that Korah and Snow are capable of mystically cooling the air around them to frigid temperatures. If you wanted to say Ice energy, I think you'd be pushing it, becuase the cold represents the lack of heat energy in something.

2. Make all of our sprites custom-
This would attract more people and eliminate some of the critisism for TLOK, since it's summer time we should have plenty of time to execute this, (I'll heavily contribute to this.)
http://battledragongargonis.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2f75b7
We can start by using these sprites custom srpties I made a while ago and just wing it from there, we can use the JUS sheets for the basic animations and possibly make them more high quality from there. We need to fix the runs especially, and the idles a well.

TIMING IS EVERYTHING!!111!!!!11!!

3. Explain more about the story...- We've kinda been vague about our story, for instance...
We know Snow is an Angelis, but we never bother explain9ing what an Angelis is, what their origins are, etc. and etc.

We need to add more details and make the story more interesting.
We also need to explain the elements better.
Like:
Ice- the manipulation of cold, able to drop temperatures to a level below freezing.
Fire- the manipulation of heat, able to raise tempuratures to scroching levels.
Wind- The manipulation of air, able to control the speed of air currents and the winds.
Earth- The manipulation of minerals, able to control the movements of the ground and minerals below them.
Thunder- The manipulation of electricity, able to control the movement of electricity and generate their own powerful electrical currents.
Water- The manipulation of water, able to control the shape, form, and movements of water.
Light- the manipulation of light waves and particles, able to control the shape, form, and movement of light.
Darkness- The manipulation of "shadow matter", able to conjur a mysterious negative energy from an interdimensional plane called "The Abyssal Void" which absorbs light and has negative effects on living things. In a weak field it looks like a black mist of fog. In stronger varietys in can have physical, mental, and emotional effects of living creatures.

Also, the amount of Elemental power one can control depend on their Aura wavelength intensity,
the color of that Aura determines what kind of element you'll control:

Cyan- Ice
Red- Fire
Green- Wind
Orange- Earth
Yellow- Thunder
Water- Blue
Light- White
Black- Darkness

Normally Aura's cannot be seen by the naked eye, however, with great amounts of intensity, Auras can be concieved by almost anyone.
Aura type usually is determined by genetics, especially Angelis.

4. More plot twists.
Will post later.
Back to top Go down
Aiden
Veteran
Aiden

Male Number of posts : 1357
Post Points : 7086
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Character Profile
Race:: Canid [Anthro]
Element:: Light
Member Points: 4

PostSubject: Re: Things that would make TLOK better.   Things that would make TLOK better. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:02 pm

The one I have the biggest issue with is number 2.
How are we supposed to make our sprites custom when we move slow enough with EDITS?
We could do it after chapter 5. What we SHOULD focus on, is finishing what we have right now.
I know I sound like a broken record, but seriously.
Everyone here's sick of JUS style, but that doesn't mean we should just quit to re-do everything.
Let's just get through Episode 5 before we go through with a complete style overhaul.
Back to top Go down
X-ela Hyoutetsu
Admin
X-ela Hyoutetsu

Male Number of posts : 3021
Post Points : 9164
Registration date : 2008-11-25

Character Profile
Race:: Human
Element:: Ice
Member Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Things that would make TLOK better.   Things that would make TLOK better. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:37 pm

1) That's a really good point. Any ideas on spriting it or finding such sprites?

2) I think we should go through a sprite fix after the Snow Saga. That way we don't have to make a whole new set of Brine and Snow sprites just to toss them away till the very end. However, I do think it's a good idea to start NOW so that way we can have that stuff ready for later.

3) "We know Snow is an Angelis, but we never bother explain9ing what an Angelis is, what their origins are, etc. and etc."

Go see chapter 2 again. Razz

But good point. I think a good time to add more depth into the plot is chapter five, right after Korah and Snow fight off the dragons. They can talk more about the elements and go and more indepth about that stuff in the temple.
Back to top Go down
http://blizzardblade.sirtopeia.com/index.html
Luciole2831
Luciole2831

Male Number of posts : 427
Post Points : 5886
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Character Profile
Race:: Human
Element:: Dark
Member Points: 0

PostSubject: Re: Things that would make TLOK better.   Things that would make TLOK better. Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 5:42 pm

1.Actually in my opinion the JUS style is very good.Its something easy to make and its detailed enough to make a character look like the actual character.The only things i can think of to do with the show is. We need to improve the quality of some of the sprites so they dont look so squishy like if you were to look at the korah sprites he has sorta a square shaped head but then when you look at the actualy draw picture his head is pointed.

2.We need a new style for the animation,So far its been dragon ball z style fighting which is old and played out and is also used with many other peoples sprite films.I believe unless you can animate really good at it then you wont be getting any extra hits with that animation.Therefore we need to change the animation style to something that would make the show seem like it makes more since seeing as how the show revolves around swords and weapons basicly.An opinion i would rather see a show with a fighting style that makes the physics more real then a show that doesnt make since when fighting since your considering that really all the characters shouldn't be jumping as high as they can in there i remember seeing korah jumping for atleast 4 seconds doing like 3 frontflips as an attack.

3.To help speed up production it would be good if we could find more people to help sprite everything.If i could download the episodes i could make an amv out of them that would help advertise it.

4. Probably we should add another part of a genre to the show because right now it seems like a straightforward non stop action show.Even dragonball z had some comedy to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things that would make TLOK better.   Things that would make TLOK better. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Things that would make TLOK better.
Page 1 of 1